Centennial Underclassmen Review Their 2016-2017 School Year

Words: Lien Hoang

For Centennial’s underclassmen, the 2016-2017 school year is coming to a close as summer break approaches. Seniors graduated a few weeks ago, so it is now time for the remaining students to leave high school and start their well-anticipated summer break.

Though many students have enjoyed the school year in general, most students are very glad to get out of school. Sophomore Stafford Smith says, “sophomore year was pretty easy for me. I loved my teachers and my classes, I will miss it.” On the other hand, freshman Kyria Windsor says, “I’m glad school is almost over because I’m tired of waking up early, but my year overall was fun because I got to hang out with my friends during school.”

Some students like Michelle Lin and Brook Anderson are already anticipating the 2017-2018 school year because of try-outs and team sports. “I’m so happy that the school year is almost over but I can’t wait for volleyball next year,” Lin said. Anderson is also very glad that school is coming to an end, saying, “It’s been a long year but playing basketball for the Varsity team made it better and more interesting.”

For more breaking news and photos, follow The Wingspan on Instagram and Twitter @CHSWingspan