The Wingspan

Centennial High School's Daily Online News Source

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

Centennial’s It’s Academic Team Wins 7th in the Nation

Centennials It’s Academic Team Wins 7th in the Nation

Words: Hibah Khan / Photos: Caio Goolsby

The Centennial “A” JV It’s Academic team was ranked 7th in the nation at the History Bowl on April 28th from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. in Crystal City, VA. Three It’s Academic JV teams and one Varsity team qualified for the National Tournament. The “A” JV team is comprised of captain sophomore Adam Knox, sophomore Tobias Moser, sophomore Caio Goolsby, and freshman Anthony Duan.

The competitions, though fun and exciting, progressively became more difficult. Goolsby explained, “While most of the games were easy victories, as the day wore on, we faced harder and harder teams and we had many close games. In fact, during the decider match, we lost the game by one question.”

Regardless of their loss, the team had another game the next morning, which only Duan attended. Duan managed to single-handedly crush the opposing team to secure 7th in the nation for the team. In addition, Duan won 4th in the nation for the individual competition. The team’s members are appreciative of the amazing efforts of Dr. and Mrs. Seifter, their coaches, who have been a key aspect of the outstanding success of the It’s Academic team.

For more breaking news and photos, follow The Wingspan on Instagram and Twitter @CHSWingspan.