SGA elections results in at last (Tiffany Howard)

On June 10, 2011, the Student Government Association (SGA) of Centennial High School held elections for the upcoming 2011-2012 year. There were six positions for candidates to apply including: President, Vice President of School Activities, Vice President of Public Relations, Secretary, Treasurer, and Board of Education Representative.
Election results were released at the end of the day on June 10. Results are as follows: President- Nihal Singh; Vice President of School Activities- Su Cho; Vice President of Public Relations- Ryan Cherng; Secretary- Grace Chao; Treasurer- Matt Keimig; Board of Education Representative- Luke Byrne.

This year, teachers were given the opportunity to cast their vote as well. One teacher vote counted for one quarter of a student vote.

To be eligible for the SGA, students needed specific qualifications and administrative approval to qualify for the SGA. Students had to be involved in the school and maintain academic eligibility throughout the school year.

The campaign period, which lasted from June 3 to June 10, allowed the students to become more familiar with the candidates. The candidates used lunch shifts to endear themselves to the students by walking around the school and introducing themselves.
Candidates also distributed flyers and had space in the cafeteria to hang a poster, which was approved by SGA sponsor, Ann Mulhollen. They also had the opportunity to campaign electronically. All candidates gave a televised speech to the school.