Sophomores Have Class Ring Assembly

Words: Miranda Mason

On April 16, 2013 all Centennial High School sophomores gathered for a class meeting in the cafeteria during sixth period. During the meeting, the students voted on next year’s prom venue and theme, talked about spirit wear and discussed class rings.

The sophomores all received a packet with order forms for the rings, along with information on when to put in their orders. Representatives from Balfour, the company selling the rings, will also be available on Monday, April 22 from 4 to 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 23 from 4 to 6 p.m. and Wednesday, April 24 during all lunches for questions. Orders for rings can also be put in when the representatives are available.

Despite a price tag that some students think is a little extreme, many other students are excited for an opportunity to get their class rings.

“I feel like I’m part of something,” said sophomore Justice Andrews. “I get to show off to everyone that I have a great school.”

Along with discussing class rings, the students voted on where to have prom next year, along with what the theme should be. Sophomores filled out a ballot at the beginning of the meeting with the option of having prom at either the Baltimore Aquarium, M&T Bank Stadium, Turf Valley or the Hippodrome. Students also voted on whether to have the theme of Old Hollywood, Night in the City, Arabian Nights or a Night in Paris.