The Wingspan

Centennial High School's Daily Online News Source

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

How Centennial Students Plan to Spend Their Summer

Words: Ashley Berry

Centennial High School is known to have a very diverse student population. The students that make up the population plan to spend their summers many different ways.

According to The Wingspan’s “What Are Your Plans for the Summer” poll, 25% of Centennial students are planning to spend their summer attending concerts. With a few major concerts venues nearby – Merriweather Post Pavilion, Jiffy Lube Live, Verizon Center, and more – students are exposed to an experience they can’t forget.

Many students also plan to spend their days making a splash at the pool. Whether you choose to lay around on a lawn chair, swim laps, play pool games, or take part in pool-side sports/activities, the pool is a great place to have a great time. You can swim at any of the neighborhood pools – Forest Hill Swim and Tennis Club, Dorsey Hall Pool, and more – or at a friend’s private pool.

Everyone knows that many high school students play sports during the year, but they also choose to spend their summer traveling to games, tournaments, and practices. Competition heats up when the weather does.

A majority of the rest of the student body plans to spend their summers at the beach, on vacation, attending or being a counselor at camp, working, and/or spending time with their friends.