Excited Fans Celebrate The Homecoming Football Game

The Centennial Football team hosted Reservoir High School on Thursday, October 14 for Centennial’s homecoming game. Even with a loss of 13-7, the student section was still packed and decked in white-out attire. 

Earlier that day, Centennial held a pep rally to kick off the start of homecoming. Junior and senior girls participated in a powder puff football game. Four of the coaches included senior football players, Mofe Adewol, Praise Bright, Jake Thomas, and Jalen Udell. It was a good way for the students to get into the football mindset and get excited for the approaching game.

Later that night, students arrived at the game an hour early to tailgate. Students prepared hotdogs on the grill, chips, and soda. The students quickly put together the final touches for their “white-out” outfits and started making their way down to the field for the big game.

With the most fans Centennial has seen all year, the Eagles welcomed past and present students as well as community members. The loud cheering and immense energy helped contribute to the game. “Hearing the cheering and encouragement really fires the team up,” stated senior quarterback, Jake Thomas. The funny cheers and yelling ensured for a fun night leading up to the day of homecoming. 

Even with the loss, the night still felt like a win. The combined enthusiasm and excitement in the crowd made for a night like no other. “The energy from the fans was amazing and it was a great experience overall,” added Thomas. 

js/im

For more breaking news and photos, follow The Wingspan on Instagram and Twitter @CHSWingspan.