Farewell from the Editor in Chief!

As I sit here looking for the words to sum up my time with The Wingspan, nothing seems like enough to encapsulate what I’ve experienced over the past four years. 

So much of my high school career has revolved around this paper and the impact it’s had on my life is greater than I could have ever imagined as an eighth grader picking my classes for high school. 

To put it plainly, my classmates have shown me that The Wingspan is a space of abounding creativity and often unanticipated perspective. 

From breaking news to entertainment pieces, a thread of passion has been woven through each line written in The Wingspan and seeing each writer craft stories inspired by the world through their eyes has been nothing short of moving.

I cannot express my gratitude enough for my classmates, who put in the work to make The Wingspan possible this year. Seeing each of them brainstorm, interview, draft, edit, write, edit, edit and edit again has shown me what a group of dedicated students can accomplish.

For this reason, I have no doubt that The Wingspan will continue to thrive in years to come, and as I pass the title of Editor-in-Chief over to Tavroop Kaur and Abby Rothrock, I hope this paper serves as a source of comfort, community and inspiration for each reader as it has for me.

Finally, I would like to take a moment to acknowledge our advisor, Ms. McAdams. As the newest addition to The Wingspan, she’s been committed to making it happen since day one. She’s pushed us to expand our horizons, put unwavering faith in us and shown us that yes, journalism is important, even if it’s just a high school paper.

Although I will be walking out of the Centennial doors for the last time in just a couple days, I will forever remember Room 701 as a place of true eagle pride and eagle excellence.

ac/ew

For more breaking news and photos, follow The Wingspan on Instagram and Twitter @CHSWingspan