Centennial’s 2017-2018 SGA

Words: Eliza Andrew

At the end of last year, current rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors voted for who the SGA members would be for the 2017- 2018 school year. The candidates informed the school about their intentions for the position they were running for.  Now it’s time to get to know our elected members. We congratulate all of our SGA members and we look forward to the 2017-2018 school year.

Swadhin Nalubola: Senior SGA President

What are your SGA duties?

Serve as the closest link between the student body and the administration, run SGA meetings, represent the student voice as a whole.

What are some unique traits you have to bring to SGA?

I am confident, passionate, and well-liked.

What are some goals you have for Centennial this year?

My biggest goal is to increase overall school spirit, especially at pep rallies. I’d also like to make sure that we have a great homecoming, especially since this is the 40th anniversary. Finally, I’d like to make SGA a more prominent organization in the school.

Based on your interest in SGA, do you hope to have a leadership/ politically based career in your future?

Most likely no, but I definitely would like to take a leadership role in whatever career I choose.

Greg Costello: Senior SGA Vice President

What are your SGA duties?

As Vice President I help organize events such as Homecoming and the Zaching Against Cancer Basketball Tournament. I lead meetings and fill in for the President when needed. I represent the school at HCASC, MASC, and the Board of Education as well.

I bring communication skills, charisma, and a genuine sense of pride for Centennial to SGA.

This year, my goal for SGA is to have a bigger role in the students getting more out of school than just an education. Things like a teach-in, game nights for Battle of the Classes, and bringing back Mr. CHS are things we are looking to get done and have at Centennial for years to come.

SGA has given me first-hand experience in seeing what it takes to be leader and represent a large number of people. My hope one day is to be in the US Coast Guard and I feel as if SGA has shown me I have what it takes in the leadership aspect of the military.

Summer Shen: Sophomore SGA Corresponding Secretary

What are your SGA duties?

I am the corresponding secretary for SGA, which means I am in charge of marketing and relaying information to the school.

One unique trait that I bring to SGA is my video editing/filming skills. I love producing videos, and I have made SGA videos for the morning TV announcements.

My goal this year is to increase school spirit at Centennial and strive towards building a stronger community.

In the future, I hope to work in sports business as a leader. I am interested in marketing, digital media/broadcasting, and public relations, and I hope to become a Senior Vice President for an NFL team one day.

Stacy Lee: Junior Recording Secretary

What are your SGA duties?

In SGA I am the recording secretary and I basically write all the notes during meetings and assist in anything the SGA needs help in overall.

Some unique traits I bring to SGA are that I am responsible and I am pretty outgoing when it comes to talking to others about events and meetings.

Some goals I have for Centennial is to have more school spirit overall and fundraise money for associations like Zaching for Cancer.

In the future I actually do not have any interest in a leadership or political career but I hope to use the skills learned in SGA for my desired career!

For more breaking news and photos, follow The Wingspan on Instagram and Twitter @CHSWingspan.