The Wingspan

Centennial High School's Daily Online News Source

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

Centennial Hockey Defeats the WHO in Senior Night Game

Photos Contributed By: Centennial Hockey Club

Words: Sandy Eichhorn

Photos: Centennial Hockey Club

Centennial’s Hockey Club faced-off against The WHO on Friday, January 8, 2016 for their senior night. The WHO is a combo team with players from Wilde Lake, Hammond, and Oakland Mills.

The three seniors honored were; Hunter Hall (captain), Ben Colby (assistant captain), and Scott Yablon (assistant captain). The seniors and their parents walked out on the red carpet while the announcer read a summary of the players’ high school hockey careers and their plans for the future.

Sophomore Michael Hughes scored one goal for the Eagles in the first period, which ended with the Eagles trailing the WHO 1-2.

The Eagles scored four goals in the second period, two from Hughes, one from sophomore Nicholas Priester, and the other from sophomore Franklin Yang. Though the team was able to score four goals, the WHO still dominated the game 5-6.

The Eagles came out hard in the third period and quickly took the lead after Priester scored a goal. Hughes was able to score two additional goals, putting the Eagles ahead of the WHO. The Eagles won the game 8-7. The hockey team will be playing at the Laurel Garden’s Ice House against Glenelg on Tuesday, January 12.

For more breaking news and photos, follow The Wingspan on Instagram and Twitter @CHSWingspan.